With energy and sustainability, one size doesn’t fit all – so we tailor our approach to meet each client’s objectives.
Attract tenants and maximize property value.
Increase profitability from cost savings.
Lower total cost of occupancy and operating expenses.
Increase net operating income on behalf of owners.
Design, build, and market sustainable properties cost-effectively.
Gov’t, Education, Non-Profit
Reduce long-run operating expenses with minimal upfront investment.
Accelerate adoption to meet clean energy mandates and goals.
- $40,000+ annual spend on utilities
- 20,000+ square feet
- Office, industrial, hospitality, healthcare, specific-use (best fit)
- Retail and multi-family (potential fit)
- Land for solar farms (select locations)
- Tenant with gross lease
- Long-term tenant with net lease
- Institutional owner
- Energy efficiency: buildings constructed prior to 2005
- Renewable energy: flat, unobstructed rooftops
- Energy efficiency: all geographies
- Solar energy: states with high energy costs and favorable incentives
- Credit-worthy owners or tenants
- Not in financial distress
- Local attitudes toward sustainability
- Local legislative mandates
- Eco-conscious owners or tenants
- Internal cost of capital
- Conduct due diligence
- Indentify value-add opportunities
- Influence negotiations
- Improve operations and maintenance
- Make energy efficiency, renewable energy, and sustainability improvements
- Increase occupancy and rental rates
- Improve the property to sell for a higher price and reduce time on market
- Lower OPEX to increase NOI – and capture the future value of improvements in the sale price
- Attract green-minded buyers